Monday, May 19, 2014

Little Ms. Road Ragers

One of the most arrogant, entitled, aggressive, bullying drivers is an affluent woman driving an SUV in Westlake Village, California. For twenty-fold years, this observation has held so true to form that it is now safe to stereotype this class of human beings.

Behaving like certain types of short men, these ladies perch high up in leather seats, protected behind the tinted windows of gas guzzling tanks of steel. By asserting their dominance on the highways and byways of this lily white suburban community, perhaps they are compensating for that useless Masters degree they earned as they drive the kids to ballet and soccer and lunch with girlfriends and white wine.

Today, after being denied the normal courtesies of road etiquette when driving beside one of these female Tyrannosaurus Rex's, my patience came to an end. My inner road rage persona roared forth, albeit silently, addressing no one but myself. I fumed, "You fucking assholes, get the fuck out of my way."

And then it dawned on me; even if my driving habits were less domineering in my peppy 2004 Volvo sedan, the seeds of "lane entitlement" are also within me. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Resisting Revenge

For decades, Myanmar suffered under the yoke of brutal dictatorships, but from 2011 to 2021, it experienced a brief period of relative freed...