Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sleeping on the Job

Today was a first. I sat down at my desk to write. But fatigued from a long, busy day, I cradled my head in my hands with elbows resting on the hard desk surface to prop up the aforementioned aparatus. Incredible though it may seem, that deskside snooze was divine. Some awake part of my consciousness told me that this position was not ideal for sleep but the other part was relieved to check out.

The awake part of the sleeping me and the asleep part of the sleeping me kept up a debate about the appropriateness of sleeping on the job until a deciding factor woke me up. My elbows had been resting on hard wood, with the added weight of my nogen atop it all. And they suddenly reached a breaking point and told the sleeping me to wake up and give the bones a break.

So here I am now, able to finish writing about writing with lids half closed. Time to sign off and find a real bed.

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resisting Revenge

For decades, Myanmar suffered under the yoke of brutal dictatorships, but from 2011 to 2021, it experienced a brief period of relative freed...